One of the ways to make kratom more potent is by freezing it. The process of freezing kratom can help break the plant’s cell walls, giving you better access to the power of its alkaloids.
Sometimes, people also use kratom extract to make it easier to digest. While all of these are great ways to enjoy kratom, you’d still have to deal with its rather undesirable taste.
If you’re searching for new ways to consume kratom because you’re fed up with the taste of tea or powder, freezing might just be what that you’re looking for.
Why Freezing Works
For example, you’ll no longer require as much to get the pain relief that you’re after.
How to Potentiate Effects by Freezing Kratom
- Measure out the required amount of kratom for your dose.
- Put your kratom in a freezer-friendly container (e.g. something made of ceramic or hard plastic). Don’t use glass as it may end up breaking.
- Get any acidic liquid that you like taste-wise. Common options include: apple cider vinegar (acetic acid), lime juice, lemon juice, citric acid powder and water, grapefruit juice, orange juice, soda pop, etc.
- For the measurements: you typically need ½ cup of water plus 2 teaspoons pure juice for one dose of kratom. If you’re using citric acid powder, that’s approximately 160mg.
- The next step is to mix the kratom and your chosen liquid and aim for a muddy or pasty texture. Like freezing, the acids also make your kratom more potent by releasing more alkaloids.
- Now, it’s time to put the concoction into the freezer. The freezing process usually takes at least half an hour (the flatter the container, the faster the freezing process).
- Take it out of the freezer and let it thaw. Many enthusiasts find it easy to drink when it’s in a slushy state, plus the taste also tends to be a lot more tolerable.
- If you’re going to prepare doses ahead of time, make sure that you refrigerate and put your nutrient solution in an airtight container as moisture can spoil it. Simply put, proper storage increases shelf life.
Use a scale when measuring out your kratom as there’s inconsistency when measuring by volume. For example, one teaspoon can have a discrepancy of several grams depending on the kratom strain and how it’s cut.
Of course, another important consideration is to order kratom only from the best sources. Freezing kratom can only be maximized if the quality of your base product is superb.