The health benefits of Kratom are good enough to turn many people into regular consumers. Sometimes, however, they tend to be careless with their doses and suffer a Kratom hangover.
Kratom is typically used for pain relief, mood enhancement, and anxiety reduction. It can also be used to alleviate the effects of opioid withdrawal symptoms.
The effects of Kratom on a regular user don’t really warrant any urgent attention. However, taking high doses before your body is ready will give you kratom side effects that feel like a regular hangover.
Kratom Hangover Symptoms
Kratom is a tree that can naturally be found in the forests of Southeast Asia. It contains alkaloids that interact with the brain’s delta and mu-opioid receptors in much the same way as opiates.
For this reason, overdose and addiction are problems that users may run into –– both of which manifest in the following symptoms:
Kratom Hangover vs. Alcohol Hangover
While a Kratom hangover may feel like an alcohol hangover, there are a few differences. For one, Kratom doesn’t mess with the body’s blood sugar levels.
Kratom hangover doesn’t cause any inflammation. Additionally, it doesn’t affect the digestive system and doesn’t cause dehydration, like alcohol does.
In this light, Kratom can help you when you have an alcohol hangover. Red Bali, for instance, can be an effective counter to such hangovers as well as alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
If you want to see the effectiveness of Kratom as a hangover cure, Kratom capsules are the way to go. It is worth noting, however, that it isn’t a good idea to consume Kratom and alcohol together, like some sort of party experiment.
This is because alcohol amplifies Kratom’s sedative effects. It will cause muscle weakness, lethargy, and impaired motor skills.
Avoiding Kratom Hangover
Users, especially beginners, must be aware of the recommended Kratom dosages for their intended purpose. Here are ways to avoid a Kratom hangover:
- Always start with the lowest dosage. Don’t attempt a high dose right off the bat.
- Take Kratom only once a day.
- Don’t take it daily to avoid addiction and Kratom withdrawal symptoms.
- Take the lowest dosage when you experiment with new kratom strains. Not all strains are made the same.
- Keep yourself well-fed and hydrated.
- Be mindful of your strain choices. Indo and Borneo Kratom strains are good for sedative effects. Maeng Da Kratom, on the other hand, is better for stimulating effects.
- Use only high-quality Kratom products. Products that aren’t carefully crafted will only make you more prone to experiencing hangovers.
- Choose a Kratom form that works best for you. You usually have a choice of: Kratom leaves, Kratom tea, Kratom capsules, and Kratom powder.
The aforementioned tips are not only helpful for preventing hangovers, but also for preventing long-term effects that are similar to substance and drug abuse. If you want to learn more about Kratom and its benefits, you can visit the official website of the American Kratom Association.