Kratom is a medicinal plant that can help in relieving pain, depression, and anxiety. One popular form of extract from this herb that highlights its best qualities is the kratom oil.
Kratom also called Mitragyna Speciosa is a tree found in Southeast Asia. The herb has opioid properties and has a stimulating effect.
Kratom is effective because of certain alkaloids, which are compounds that are present in plants.
The two types of alkaloids in Kratom are the indoles and oxindoles. Studies show that there are more indoles in the structure of the said herb than oxindoles.
One example of indole is mitragynine. This alkaloid is the most prominent in all the Kratom strains.
Together with the 7-hydroxymitragynine, another alkaloid, it mimics the action of endorphins. They send signals to the brain, thereby causing a pain relieving effect.
Kratom Alternative on the Market
Kratom is increasingly becoming a popular herbal medicine. Because of this, various types have been introduced like kratom powder and kratom oil.
You can make kratom oil at home. But if you’re busy and want to find a quick and easy alternative from a reputable source, check out FSE Kratom Extract.
The component of this product is Bali kratom. One tincture is equal to 11.5 grams of leaf.
This is a great alternative for the homemade kratom oil. The product is lab tested and made with high-quality extracts. Reviewers also rated it high because of its effectiveness.
DIY Kratom Oil
You can make kratom oil at home by using different techniques such as distillation, cold pressed, solvent extraction, maceration, enfleurage, and CO2 extraction.
The techniques will vary depending on the elements of the plants. Some plants require extraction using alcohol and some require water. You should be knowledgeable about kratom strains to do the extraction properly.
The method that most people use to extract kratom oil is distillation. Below are the steps on how to do this process:
- Place the kratom inside a container. This container should hang inside a bigger container which contains water.
- Heat the water at 100 degrees Celcius. The boiling water will then create the steam.
- The steam will pass through the kratom plant. This will separate the volatile and nonvolatile compounds of the plant.
- A condenser will then cool the steam which will transform it back to water. By making an opening on the top lid of the container and connecting it to a copper pipe, you can produce a condenser.
- A separator should also be present. It is attached to the bottom and will be wrapped in a pole. The separator will make the kratom essential oils rise to the top.
- The remaining water will contain the hydrosol that is the nonvolatile component.
- The water will then go down while the oil stays on top. The oil can then be extracted.
Some people are not keen on DIY kratom oil projects. If you don't want to try this out, try buying FSE Kratom Extract that was mentioned earlier.
Kratom is an effective pain reliever and anti-anxiety treatment. Taking some can help you improve your daily life. Whether you follow the steps mentioned here to make kratom oil at home or decided to buy some, it’s definitely worth a try.